Koretbet

Betano

Sunday 24 July 2016

‘I Don’t Think I Am The Leading Artiste In Mavin Records’, Singer Reekado Banks Reveals

Mavins Record singer, Reekado Banks, has reacted to suggestions that he is the most prominent member of his music group that comprise Singers, Korede Bello, Tiwa Savage and others, by stating that nobody by Don Jazzy is leading.
Banks disclosed this in an interview with HF TV’s Zinnia, who asked him questions about his relationship with his record label and future music projects.
He said, “I don’t think I am leading anything (Laughing). Don Jazzy is still leading the label,”

“I don’t see it as anyone is leading . Nobody sees it like anybody is leading,”
“Everybody sees it like everybody is working together to make the label number one,”
“Everybody sees it like they are trying to make Don Jazzy proud, they are trying to make themselves proud. So yeah! It is not particularly anybody leading anything”.
Concerning why he has not been getting fellow musicians to feature on his songs, the singer stated that he prefers to focus on creating his band for the time being.
He however gave hope that his next releases will have an appearance for other musicians.
“For now, I am trying to sell my songs. I’m trying to make a name for myself, by myself”,
“Definitely, probably the next single and the one after this next single will feature someone”.
Regarding what should be expecting from him, he said, “So much music. Definitely the album by mid-year. Errm… I am excited”.
According to the singer, the album will be dropping “In June/July”.
Reekado Banks, who is now one of Nigeria’s most promising musicians, after winning the Next Rated Award at The Headies 2015, owes his success to his brother.
In an interview with National Mirror, he said his brother submitted his songs and communicated with the label (Mavins Records) on his behalf without his initial consent.

No comments: